|Learning about the different cultures |
of our world is very important.
I purchased some posters displaying children from different parts of the world. On the back of the poster it tells about the child in the photo, the land, their culture, what school is like and what different foods they eat. I show the kindergartners where each child is from on the globe and world map.
In these short lessons they have learned:
- What a market is and how it works. They learn that some people trade.
- Some children don't go to school and some only go for a short time.
- Some children have to help their families and some have to work.
- There are different traditions in different lands.
- Some places do not ever have snow.
- They see the different clothing that others wear.
- They learn about islands and that some people live near volcanoes.
- They learn about different climate: the North Pole, along the equator, mountains, desert, etc.