Thursday, September 24, 2015

New Bird Books for Each Child!

These books of backyard birds will be very helpful!

Today the kids received a package in the mail.  I opened the box as they did a drum roll. They cheered and cheered when they saw their new bird books.  I explained that these books are to help them learn about birds and that they would stay in school for the whole school year.  Then at the end of kindergarten, they may take them home to keep.

I sent them off to sit with a friend to look through the book.  They were gasping when they recognized the birds that they knew!  They were naming off birds left and right.  They knew many of the birds in the booklet and of course I was scolded for not teaching them the others!  They seem to think that they should already know all of them.

I had them choose a bird from the book to draw and write about in their journal.  They were SO happy!

Thank you to the SD Wildlife Division of Game, Fish & Parks for the donating these books that I had asked for.  They really are a great tool for helping me teach students about birds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment