Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Field Guides All Around!

The kids were thrilled when I passed out their field guides today!  Each kindergartner got one and any other student in grades 1-3 that didn't have a field guide also received one!  Now all 47 members of the Chickadee Bird Club has their own bird field guide.  I am so happy!

I also am awaiting a check from another donor.  I will take that money to buy bird field guides for the incoming kindergartners.  I plan to get different kind of field guide that has colored tabs to match the birds primary color.  We will keep those in the room all year and I'll teach the young students how to use them.  I will make sure that each classroom with K-4th has a couple of different kinds of field guides for the kids to use for reports and projects.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment